The call for Session Proposals is now open.
The submission deadline has been extended to Sep. 30, 2017
** Please note that this is a call for Sessions only.
A call for individual presentations will be published later.
The theme of WSSF2018 is Security and Equality for Sustainable Futures.
A wide range of sub-themes will allow encompassing discussions and expose attendees to a variety of research fields, methods, and applications. Proposals for parallel sessions under the listed sub-themes of WSSF2018 are now invited.
Key dates: Submission Deadline / Selection / Outcome Notification
- ♦ Submission Deadline:
September 1, 2017 September 30, 2017
- ♦ Selection: Proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee (SPC).
- ♦ Outcome: Feedback on session proposals and notifications of acceptance will be sent out to all applicants by email no later than
November 30, 2017 December 27, 2017.
Session format and requirements
- ♦ A session format is, in principle, a 120-minute symposium in English, featuring paper presentations.
- ♦ A session generally consists of 5 presentations, with time for discussion. Session organizers are free to design sessions as they see fit.
- ♦ Presentations will be followed by discussion among presenters, or with discussants, led by a chair.
- ♦ Sessions should be international. Speakers should come from at least two different countries.
- ♦ Interdisciplinary sessions are particularly welcomed. Sessions with non-academic speakers are also welcome.
- ♦ You may propose a full session with all the papers and presenters set in advance. However, proposed sessions with only one or a few pre-selected papers are also welcomed. In this case, the Scientific Program Committee (SPC) will help allocate additional accepted papers to the session. An official call for papers will be released by the SPC at a later date. The session organizer will be able to review and select from the listed prospective papers that have been accepted by the SPC.
- ► Register your personal information with the Online System.
- ► Register “Organizer” information (and Co-Organizer(s), if appropriate).
- ► Enter the following information into the System:
・Theme: Choose from the listed WSSF2018 Sub-themes
・Describe the proposed session.
・When known, state the names and affiliations of presenters, and the title of their presentation.
・Please mention what format is foreseen for the session. Please note that the Scientific Program Committee may suggest a change of format, depending on the availability of rooms and to encourage diversity in the scientific program.
- ► Submit the presenters’ paper abstracts:
Set all the pre-selected paper abstracts into one WORD file and upload it, (where presenters are proposed).
※Please note that submission of more than one session proposal from one organizer is not an option.