The 4th World Social Science Forum will take place in Fukuoka, Japan, from 25 to 28 September 2018. The theme of WSSF 2018 is “Security and Equality for Sustainable Futures”. The series of WSS Forums is one of the most prestigious scientific activities of the international Social Science Council (ISSC) and this 4th will be convened for the first time in Asia.
The World Social Science Forum 2018 now invites authors to submit a paper abstract for presentation at the Forum. There are two types of presentations: Oral (Specific Panels or Topical Sessions) and Poster.
Please note that it is no longer possible to submit proposals of sessions; The Call for Sessions closed on 30, September, 2017.
Accepted authors will make an individual contribution as part of an established session. Certain sessions are looking for presenters. The list of panels open for authors can be found under Parallel SessionⅡ(Open for Papers). You are to choose a session that your paper is most appropriate for. You may indicate up to two sessions upon applying. Presenters are expected to talk about 15 and no longer than 20 minutes.
- ♦ We are also inviting paper abstracts on Subtheme 2: Cybersecurity, cyberattacks, hybrid warfare.
On the application online system, please choose “Subtheme 2: Cybersecurity, cyberattacks, hybrid warfare”, instead of Specific Panel’s number.
Topical Sessions involve four to five presenters, each providing an initial input of a maximum of 10 minutes, followed by a discussion between the presenters and the audience. Topical Sessions are expected to be interactive and engaging. The list of Topical Sessions indicates the topics for which individual abstracts are welcomed. Proposals of abstracts on other topics will not be considered.
Paper abstracts for poster presentation are invited on all the Forum Sub-themes.
Accepted authors will make a poster based on the adopted paper and bring in to the Forum. The posters will be displayed prominently in the venue. The program will allocate time for authors to present their poster and interact directly with the participants.
Upon applying, you are to choose a Forum Sub-theme that is applicable to your paper.
Submission Deadline / Selection / Notification of acceptance
||17 March, 2018 (no later than 24:00 Japan Standard Time)
|| Specific Panels Chairs will review and choose the best paper(s) for their session. The Scientific Program Committee (SPC) will then review the chosen abstracts. The SPC will review abstracts for all Poster and Topical Session Presentations.
||Notifications of acceptance will be sent out to all applicants by email from 15 May, 2018.
- 1. Registration
Click the “Submit a paper” button and register with personal information.
- 2. Abstract Submission
- a. Indicate which presentation you are applying for:
Oral- Specific Panels: indicate which session(s) your abstract pertains to
Oral- Topical Sessions: indicate which topic your abstract pertains to
Poster Presentation : choose a Forum subtheme only.
- b. Input the paper Title and attach the abstract you state in the template word file.
Abstract Format: Author’s name(s), affiliation(s), email address, paper title, abstract
Abstract should be a maximum of 200 words in English.
You may list up to three keywords, separated by commas.
Notes and Request from the SPC
- ► Each participant is limited to one oral or one poster presentation.
- ► Accepted abstract authors must pay the registration fee by 5 June, 2018, to be included in the program.
- ► Presenters are expected to pay for their own participation.
- ► For information of Scholarship (travel grant) and Student Award, please click the buttons;
- ► 1 March, 2018 Registration opens
- ► 17 March, 2018 Deadline for paper submission
- ► 15～20 May, 2018 Paper decisions notified
- ► 5 June, 2018 Deadline for abstract author’s registration and payment
- ► 15 June, 2018 Program (tentative) announced